If you're thinking of a career in museums, or if you're simply passionate about working with one of our dynamic teams, you may want to consider becoming a volunteer at the Canada Science and Technology Museum or the Canada Agriculture Museum. We offer many opportunities in a variety of departments as well as training and benefits. And if you're currently in high school, our Museums are a great place to complete your community service requirements.
A sampling of activities you can participate in
- Assist with school groups, camps and astronomy programs
- Set up and maintain photo databases or convert slides to digital format
- Help with crafts during special event weekends
- Conduct research for the Library and the Curatorial Division
In recognition of the valuable time and effort you spend with us, we offer the following benefits:
- Unlimited free admission to the Canada Science and Technology Museum,
the Canada Agriculture Museum and the Canada Aviation and Space Museum
- 10% discount at the boutiques at each of the Museums
- One free admission to the Canada Science and Technology Museum's "Discover the Universe" program
- Recognition and participation in our annual Volunteer Salute
- Acknowledgment of your contribution in the Corporation's Annual Report
For anyone with an interest in Canada's scientific and technological achievements, there's no better place to volunteer — and no better time to start! We couldn't do it without great people like you, and we look forward to welcoming you to our team. Please contact our coordinator, Volunteer Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 613 991-6091 for more information.
|"As a volunteer storyteller, I was able to share some wonderful literature.
The children responded with enthusiasm and great interest. Volunteering was a rewarding experience, allowing me the opportunity to . . . appreciate Canada's achievements in science and technology." — J.R.
Find out how to get to the Canada Science
and Technology Museum.