Public Service Announcement
| April 28, 2009
||For immediate release
Experience International Astronomy Day at the Canada Science and Technology Museum
Did you know that 2009 is the International Year of Astronomy? The universe is yours to discover, so make it a family outing to the Canada Science and Technology Museum. Experience your own Galileo Moment by participating in daytime activities, lectures, and an evening Star Party on International Astronomy Day, Saturday May 2nd at the Canada Science and Technology Museum.
- Ask the Astronomer: Learn more about astronomy when you meet with members of the Royal Astronomical Society of Canada. Examine meteorites, enjoy astronomical photos and learn some techniques for taking your own pictures of the night sky.
- Planetarium Presentations: Explore the wonders of the night sky – without waiting until dark – in the Museum’s inflatable Starlab Planetarium.
- Forum for Kids “Is there Life on Other Planets?” at 1 p.m.
- The Construction of the Heavens with Dr. Michael Hoskin at 2 p.m.
- An Astrolabe Found! Did it Belong to Champlain? with Dr. Randall Brooks at 7 p.m.
- Star Party: Join the Museum for a free star party where you can gaze at the night sky with telescopes and binoculars (weather permitting) at 8 p.m.
Media Contact: Kelly Ray